Boarding fees and donations are the primary ways we raise money towards our extensive veterinary and animal care expenses.
We’ve been boarding and loving rabbits for over 20 years. We know it’s important for your bunny(bunnies) to be cared for and respected for their own personality, likes and dislikes. Our boarding is home-style, so drop-off and pick-up times are typically between 9 am and 1 pm. We will do our best to accommodate you at other times on a case-by-case basis. We are volunteer-run, so we appreciate your flexibility.
RHDV2 Vaccination Requirements
Effective December 15, 2020, all rabbits boarding at SaveABunny must be vaccinated for RHDV2 at least 10 days prior to arrival. A veterinarian’s certificate showing the vaccination date must be shown before your rabbit can enter SaveABunny premises. Rabbit Hemorrhagic Disease Virus-2 has been spreading worldwide and has now reached California. It is a deadly virus with an almost 100% fatality rate for rabbits. Whether you board your bunny with us or not, we strongly recommend you talk to your veterinarian about vaccinating your rabbits. A list of veterinarian offices with the vaccine can be found at the bottom of this page. Please do this today.
Our boarding spaces fill up quickly and advance reservations during the holidays is required. This reserves your spot.
Any stay that takes place over a government recognized holiday, or from Thanksgiving through New Years will require a 50% non-refundable deposit made 30 days in advance of the boarding date. Our spaces fill quickly and may all be reserved by the end of October. Bunny bonding is available as add-ons in a case-by-case basis as well as administration of medications.
How to Schedule Boarding
We take boarding reservations only via email, email@example.com. Please realize a reservation is not guaranteed until you receive confirmation from us. Boarding drop off and pick up times are between 9am-1pm
Your bunny will be housed in an 2′ by 6′ x-pen or double condo, depending on availability, fed high quality pellets, fresh greens, and unlimited hay. Or, you may bring food of your own choice. Boarding area is cleaned daily and bunnies are checked on several times per day.
Nail trim and grooming is an extra $15. Bunny bonding and medication administration are available as add-ons in a case-by-case basis.
- Single rabbit: $35/day
- Pairs: $40/day
- Trios: $45/day
If you are boarding for long-term boarding for stays over 21 days we may be able to offer you a monthly discounted rate on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us.
Lapin Luxury Spa©
Your bunny will be housed in a double x-pen (4′ by 6′), fed high quality pellets, fresh greens, and unlimited hay. Or, you may bring food of your own choice. The boarding area is cleaned daily and bunnies are checked on several times per day.
One grooming per bunny per stay is included. Bunny bonding and medication administration are available as add-ons in a case-by-case basis.
- Single rabbit: $55/day
- Pairs: $60/day
- Trios: $65/day
If you are boarding for a month and need a discounted rate, please contact us.
Match-making and Bunny bonding services
We love to help bunnies fall in love. And, we’re good at it.
We always have adorable, sometimes lonely, rescued bunnies who are looking for love. Our bunnies are spayed/neutered and vaccinated and your buns must be as well.
Your bunny will speed date until we find a good match (the bunnies must choose). We will then board the bunnies together for anywhere from 3 days to a week depending on how it is going. We do charge a daily boarding fee for this service, so that the bunnies can bunnymoon while getting to know each other.
If you want help trying to bond two rabbits NOT adopted from SaveABunny or you need help fixing a bond between bunnies NOT adopted from SaveABunny, we offer expert consulting and re-bonding when time and space permits. We rely on boarding and bonding fees to help pay our extensive veterinary services.
Initial consultation is $125 on-site for 1 hour, then $65 per hour after, up to 5 hours, if needed. If bonding looks possible, we recommend boarding your bunnies at SaveABunny, which is neutral space, for a minimum of 3 days at $60 per day.
Vaccine in stock
(As of July 2021) Please be aware that vaccine availability changes quickly. Because state law requires an exam prior to vaccination we’ve listed each price where known, but prices may change. Some clinics may also require your bunny to receive a microchip (if they don’t already have one).
- Aptos: Del Mar Pet Hospital, (831) 688-2016, $35, call for info on mass vaccine clinics
- Berkeley: Berkeley Dog & Cat Hospital, (510) 848-5041, $128.50, booked one month out
- Davis: UC Davis, (530) 752-1393
- Del Rey Oaks: Avian and Exotic Clinic of Monterey, (831) 647-1147, $60 exam + $35 vac
- Elk Grove: Kittel Family Veterinary Practice, email firstname.lastname@example.org for wait list, $40 exam/vac
- Livermore: Ohana Animal Hospital, (925) 394-4990, current patients only
- Martinez: Oasis Veterinary Hospital, (925) 954-8087, current patients only
- Novato/Marin: Dr. Debra Scheenstra, (415) 893-1554, current patients only
- San Francisco: Bay Area Bird & Exotics, (415) 566-4359, $80 exam + $36 vac
- San Francisco: VCA All Pets Hospital, (415) 861-5725, $95 exam + $65 vac
- San Jose: Camden Pet Hospital , (408) 265-2200, $76 exam + $42 vac
- San Jose: Oakridge Veterinary Clinic, (408) 419-9238
- Santa Cruz: VCA Animal Hospital of Santa Cruz, (831) 427-3345, $65 exam + $67 vac
- Santa Rosa: Heritage Veterinary Hospital, (707) 576-0764, $35, current patients only
- Scotts Valley: Exotic Pet Clinic of Santa Cruz, (831) 440-8590, $79 exam + $47.50 vac, booked about a month out
Does NOT have vaccine, on backorder, or has run out
(As of July 2021)
- Berkeley: PETS Referral Center, does not do vacs of any kind
- Capitola: Santa Cruz Veterinary Hospital
- Cupertino: West Valley Pet Clinic
- Hayward: Chabot Veterinary Clinic, (510) 538-2330, on backorder
- Los Altos/Los Gatos: Adobe Animal Hospital
- Napa: California Pet Hospital, no longer sees rabbits
- Oakland: VCA Bay Area Animal Hospital, (510) 654-8375, on backorder
- San Jose: VCA Orchard Plaza Animal Hospital, (408) 227-9110, don’t know when will get more
- Sunnyvale: Sunnyvale Vet Clinic, (408) 736-8296, waiting list, getting more soon