If you are looking for a fun way to help animals and want to be part of an exceptional non-profit organization, we’re looking for you!
Please complete our online application HERE and we will contact you with more information and to schedule you for a Volunteer Orientation. Please note: Due to an overwhelming number of applicants, all our youth volunteer positions have been filled for this year, and we are regretfully unable to accept further applicants into our organization at this time.
SaveABunny is a nonprofit group dedicated to rescuing domestic rabbits facing euthanasia at shelters and educating people about the joys of living with a house rabbit.
We welcome compassionate and reliable volunteers to assist with a wide variety of needs. You’ll have fun and make a difference right away in the life of a lonely animal! Volunteers must be 13+ years old and be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian during the volunteer orientation.
- Rabbit Care – feeding, cleaning cages and litter boxes, socialization
- Rabbit Grooming & Health – nail trims, brushing, medicating, T-Touch
- Adoptions – work with potential adopters in Mill Valley foster center or Bay Area pet supply store adoption days to place rabbits in new homes
- Facility Care – gardening, cleaning public areas, maintaining supplies
- Transportation – vet appointments, shelter pick-ups, foster transportation
- Administration –mailings, emails, newsletters, maintaining forms/lists
- Outreach Programs – visit schools, participate in children programs, participate in expos and special events
- Technical – web development, computer repairs, database development and maintenance, photography
- Fostering – sharing your home and love with a rabbit looking for a new home
- Auctions – purchase or create items to sell on eBay, manage the auction process
- Grant Development (Experienced Only Please) – research, developing proposals, contacting government agencies
What will you get from volunteering?
No one leaves our Mill Valley location without the opportunity to cuddle one of our precious bunnies! Beyond the obvious enjoyment you get from spending time with these lovable creatures (humans included), you also gain satisfaction in realizing the direct impact you make on a rabbits life.
If you are a current volunteer, you can sign up to volunteer by two methods. The google calendar to sign up for weekend volunteer hours (if you have a gmail account) is found here: Google Calendar For those without a gmail account then you will fill in the form here: Google Form